Monday, December 12, 2016

The Expert at the Banquet Table

Ted Annemann
 - O.K. I'm probably already violating the parameters for this site by posting this item related to the famous mentalist Ted Annemann, but what the heck. Here is a card for the Convention of New England Magicians which held their conference at the Hotel Bond in Hartford, CT Nov. 11-12, 1933. It is, in fact the menu for their banquet and it is autographed by Annemann. I don't believe Annemann ever had a throw out card so this may be the closest we'll ever get. It has a nice red decorative back. Other thoughts?


Well, I stand corrected. It appears that Anneman did have a scaling card and here is an example provided through the courtesy of London Ervin, one of the leading collectors of Anneman memorabilia.

 

The front of the card displays a devil with smoke coming from his mouth that encircles his head spelling out Anneman's name. The reverse is a pitch for Harlan Tarbell's Course in Magic. If anyone knows of another Anneman card please let us know. And, if you have any Anneman memorabilia, we're sure that London would love to hear from you. Thanks London for sharing the image.


3 comments:

  1. Tom -- it's a lovely piece and a wonderful addition to the site. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annemann did have a throw out card. I sent you a scan of the front and back of it. I just obtained one. I sent it via pm of Facebook. You are welcome to use it here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry but I've searched and can't find anything from you. Can I ask you to send it again. We'd love to post it and again, sorry about that.
    Tom

    ReplyDelete